Video game culture uncovered.
The games industry has exploded in the last few years. For fans, it means too many games to keep track of what to play. For the industry it means a gold rush, crowded market and a scary prospects for finding success.
At Press to Jump Magazine, we bridge the gap between gamers and the industry. Our stories dig deep into what’s going on in indie/AAA development and video game culture, but are always accessible to anyone with a passing interest in video games.
What we write about:
- Indie games news. We’ll keep you up to date with the latest happenings in games, patches, extra content and videos.
- How games find success. We dig into what developers did to make their game a success. Was it luck? A gimmick? Or simply a great idea that captured the players’ imaginations?
- Who makes them. We talk to developers, artists, programmers about their work.
- Beautiful game art. from pixel-perfect retro styles to hand painted landscapes, we want to show off some of the amazing art you can play. Regular screenshots that look at home on your desktop, clever trailers and elegant design will all feature.
Some things you won’t be seeing from us:
- Reviews of games. There are countless other sites to get reviews of the latest games… *BUT*, we will write about games we’re obsessing over or that have had a huge effect on us.
- News spamming. We won’t drown you with news and throwaway stories. Like the glossy magazines of old, Press to Jump curates content for you. We only choose the unusual, striking or interesting happenings.
- Unsubstantiated rumours. There’s no point in talking about hearsay when there’s already so much great stuff we CAN talk about!
What we read
Here’s a quick list of some of the other gaming sites we read.